Our mission is to foster and support community participation in the work of prison ministry, both inside the walls of our prisons and on the street, primarily through volunteer mobilization.
- To increase the participation of faith communities, mostly through mobilizing volunteers.
- To promote opportunities for prisoners to pursue personal transformation.
- To support families affected by incarceration.
- To integrate Concilio’s activities into the broader work of Restorative Justice.
- To be a catalyst for community building within prison ministries in Atlantic Canada.
- To actively promote cooperation amongst those in prison ministries through conferences, a newsletter and other forums.
- To inform faith communities of the work and issues of prison ministries.
- To operate St. Luke’s Renewal Centre for reflection and spiritual renewal.
- To operate Spring House affordable, safe and supportive accommodations.
- To manage Kairos Marathon Circles – spiritual/therapeutic support.