Our mission is to foster and support community participation in the work of prison ministry, both inside the walls of our prisons and on the street, primarily through volunteer mobilization.
- To inspire prisoners to pursue personal and spiritual transformation.
- Integrate Concilio’s activities into the broader work of Restorative Justice within Atlantic Canada.
- Increase the participation of faith communities, mostly through mobilizing volunteers.
- Be a catalyst for community building within prison ministries in Atlantic Canada
- To support families affected by incarceration.
- Oversee St. Luke’s Renewal Centre for reflection and spiritual renewal
- Manage Kairos Marathon Circles – These are spiritual/therapeutic circles of support for inmates and volunteers.
- Actively promote cooperation among those in prison ministries through conferences, a newsletter and other forums.
- Inform faith communities of the work and issues of prison ministries.